I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them. -- Isaac Asimov

computers / alt.privacy / The EU’s censorship regime is about to go global

SubjectAuthor
* The EU’s censorship regime is about to go globalEric Brown
+* Re: The EU’s censorship regime is about to go global24k.305
|+- Re: The EU’s censorship regime is about to go globalMarco
|`- Re: The EU’s censorship regime is about to go globalOttavio Caruso
`- Re: The EU’s censorship regime is about to go globalOttavio Caruso

1
The EU’s censorship regime is about to go global

<20230813085323.F12D0565397@emkei.cz>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=247&group=alt.privacy#247

Subject: The
From: eric.b@gmail.com (Eric Brown)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 10:53:23 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.censorship,alt.privacy,talk.politics.misc
 by: Eric Brown - Sun, 13 Aug 2023 08:53 UTC

The authoritarian Digital Services Act means the death of free speech online.

<https://www.spiked-online.com/2023/03/23/the-eus-censorship-regime-is-about-to-go-global/amp/>

Re: The EU’s censorship regime is about to go global

<Y6CcnRVmkeZKPET5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=250&group=alt.privacy#250

From: 24k304@bfxw8.net (24k.305)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 10:53:23 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.censorship,alt.privacy,talk.politics.misc
 by: 24k.305 - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 03:39 UTC

On 8/13/23 4:53 AM, Eric Brown wrote:
> The authoritarian Digital Services Act means the death of free speech online.
>
> <https://www.spiked-online.com/2023/03/23/the-eus-censorship-regime-is-about-to-go-global/amp/>

USA Tech is now serious about completely disconnecting
with the UK over such bullshit, ridiculous taxes and
sub-micro-regs that compromise legal landmines.

If the UK/EU want to turn into Iran or NK - no reason
to help them and no profit in it either.

Re: The EU’s censorship regime is about to go global

<ubcf8n$26hkt$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=251&group=alt.privacy#251

From: mo01@posteo.de (Marco)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 10:53:23 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.censorship,alt.privacy,talk.politics.misc
 by: Marco - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 05:49 UTC

Am 13.08.2023 um 23:39:02 Uhr schrieb 24k.305:

> If the UK/EU want to turn into Iran or NK - no reason
> to help them and no profit in it either.

Sadly, especially the Biden administrations likes that and I think they
will support the EU in doing more censorship and privacy restrictions.

Re: The EU’s censorship regime is about to go global

<ubcrod$289a9$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=252&group=alt.privacy#252

From: ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 10:53:23 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.censorship,alt.privacy,talk.politics.misc
 by: Ottavio Caruso - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 09:22 UTC

Am 13/08/2023 um 08:53 schrieb Eric Brown:
> The authoritarian Digital Services Act means the death of free speech online.
>
> <https://www.spiked-online.com/2023/03/23/the-eus-censorship-regime-is-about-to-go-global/amp/>

Spiked is as reliable as OJ is innocent.

--
Ottavio Caruso

Re: The EU’s censorship regime is about to go global

<ubcrps$289a9$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=253&group=alt.privacy#253

From: ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com (Ottavio Caruso)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 10:53:23 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.censorship,alt.privacy,talk.politics.misc
 by: Ottavio Caruso - Mon, 14 Aug 2023 09:23 UTC

Am 14/08/2023 um 03:39 schrieb 24k.305:
> On 8/13/23 4:53 AM, Eric Brown wrote:
>> The authoritarian Digital Services Act means the death of free speech
>> online.
>>
>> <https://www.spiked-online.com/2023/03/23/the-eus-censorship-regime-is-about-to-go-global/amp/>
>
>   USA Tech is now serious about completely disconnecting
>   with the UK over such bullshit, ridiculous taxes and
>   sub-micro-regs that compromise legal landmines.
>
>   If the UK/EU want to turn into Iran or NK - no reason
>   to help them and no profit in it either.

And since when is the UK part of the EU?

--
Ottavio Caruso

computers / alt.privacy / The EU’s censorship regime is about to go global