A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God.

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??

SubjectAuthor
* How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??Daniel70
+* Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??frg
|`- Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??Paul Bergsagel
+* Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??bad sector
|`* Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??Don Vito Martinelli
| `- Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??bad💽sector
`- Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! (was: Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMoDaniel70

1
How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??

<v0lleb$1379k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1682&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1682

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel70)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 00:11:23 +1000
 by: Daniel70 - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 14:11 UTC

I'm currently in a position where I have a few bucks to spare that I can
donate to a charity (and YES, I have donated to SeaMonkey at
Christmas/New Year time ;-) ) but the Charity I want to donate to and to
which I have previously donated to, doesn't want to work for me now!!

The website concerned is

https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/

When I go to the site, I see the kids story on the left hand side but,
on the right hand side, all I get is a white panel with a pulsing Green dot.

If I click the 'Donate' button at the tope of the screen, I am taken
back to the exact same page! ;-(

If I go to https://youthoffthestreets.com.au and click the 'Donate'
button, I'm back there again.

I tried e-mailing them and was told that their tech's were checking
things out ..... and then I was told to use Google Chrome/Firefox/etc,
but that no further action will be taken on their part. (O.K., I
thought, so they don't want my money .... which they HAVE TAKEN
previously!!)

Not wanting to HAVE to install another Browser JUST to fix THEIR
ignorance, is there something else I can do??

Can I Spoof FF in my UA just for that site, maybe?? If so, what version
is FF upto??

Might it help if I had Java/JavaScript installed?? How do I tell *IF* I
have it/them installed already??

Any other suggestions?? Or do I just take my meager bucks elsewhere??
--
Daniel

Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??

<l979imF6b5oU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1683&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1683

From: frgrahl@gmx.net (frg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 17:50:46 +0200
 by: frg - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:50 UTC

Daniel70 wrote:
> I'm currently in a position where I have a few bucks to spare that I can
> donate to a charity (and YES, I have donated to SeaMonkey at Christmas/New
> Year time ;-) ) but the Charity I want to donate to and to which I have
> previously donated to, doesn't want to work for me now!!
>
> The website concerned is
>
> https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/
>
> When I go to the site, I see the kids story on the left hand side but, on the
> right hand side, all I get is a white panel with a pulsing Green dot.
>
> If I click the 'Donate' button at the tope of the screen, I am taken back to
> the exact same page! ;-(
>
> If I go to https://youthoffthestreets.com.au and click the 'Donate' button,
> I'm back there again.
>
> I tried e-mailing them and was told that their tech's were checking things out
> ..... and then I was told to use Google Chrome/Firefox/etc, but that no
> further action will be taken on their part. (O.K., I thought, so they don't
> want my money .... which they HAVE TAKEN previously!!)
>
> Not wanting to HAVE to install another Browser JUST to fix THEIR ignorance, is
> there something else I can do??
>
> Can I Spoof FF in my UA just for that site, maybe?? If so, what version is FF
> upto??
>
> Might it help if I had Java/JavaScript installed?? How do I tell *IF* I have
> it/them installed already??
>
> Any other suggestions?? Or do I just take my meager bucks elsewhere??

It chokes in some mimified js. Either missin support for dynamic imports or
private class fields. I am on supporting it but not finished yet.

FRG

Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??

<CtacnTNzeIEzNrP7nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1684&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1684

Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 16:03:58 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
From: forgetski@_INVALID.net (bad sector)
 by: bad sector - Sun, 28 Apr 2024 20:03 UTC

On 4/28/24 10:11, Daniel70 wrote:
> I'm currently in a position where I have a few bucks to spare that I can
> donate to a charity (and YES, I have donated to SeaMonkey at
> Christmas/New Year time ;-) ) but the Charity I want to donate to and to
> which I have previously donated to, doesn't want to work for me now!!
>
> The website concerned is
>
> https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/
>
> When I go to the site, I see the kids story on the left hand side but,
> on the right hand side, all I get is a white panel with a pulsing Green
> dot.
>
> If I click the 'Donate' button at the tope of the screen, I am taken
> back to the exact same page! ;-(
>
> If I go to https://youthoffthestreets.com.au and click the 'Donate'
> button, I'm back there again.
>
> I tried e-mailing them and was told that their tech's were checking
> things out ..... and then I was told to use Google Chrome/Firefox/etc,
> but that no further action will be taken on their part. (O.K., I
> thought, so they don't want my money .... which they HAVE TAKEN
> previously!!)
>
> Not wanting to HAVE to install another Browser JUST to fix THEIR
> ignorance, is there something else I can do??
>
> Can I Spoof FF in my UA just for that site, maybe?? If so, what version
> is FF upto??
>
> Might it help if I had Java/JavaScript installed?? How do I tell *IF* I
> have it/them installed already??
>
> Any other suggestions?? Or do I just take my meager bucks elsewhere??

Don't give up, the composer is my only word processor! And do report
back please :-)

Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??

<v0mqgh$1bf13$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1685&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1685

From: pbergsagel@shaw.ca (Paul Bergsagel)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 19:44:01 -0500
 by: Paul Bergsagel - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 00:44 UTC

frg wrote:
> Daniel70 wrote:
>> I'm currently in a position where I have a few bucks to spare that I
>> can donate to a charity (and YES, I have donated to SeaMonkey at
>> Christmas/New Year time ;-) ) but the Charity I want to donate to and
>> to which I have previously donated to, doesn't want to work for me now!!
>>
>> The website concerned is
>>
>> https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/
>>
>> When I go to the site, I see the kids story on the left hand side but,
>> on the right hand side, all I get is a white panel with a pulsing
>> Green dot.
>>
>> If I click the 'Donate' button at the tope of the screen, I am taken
>> back to the exact same page! ;-(
>>
>> If I go to https://youthoffthestreets.com.au and click the 'Donate'
>> button, I'm back there again.
>>
>> I tried e-mailing them and was told that their tech's were checking
>> things out ..... and then I was told to use Google Chrome/Firefox/etc,
>> but that no further action will be taken on their part. (O.K., I
>> thought, so they don't want my money .... which they HAVE TAKEN
>> previously!!)
>>
>> Not wanting to HAVE to install another Browser JUST to fix THEIR
>> ignorance, is there something else I can do??
>>
>> Can I Spoof FF in my UA just for that site, maybe?? If so, what
>> version is FF upto??
>>
>> Might it help if I had Java/JavaScript installed?? How do I tell *IF*
>> I have it/them installed already??
>>
>> Any other suggestions?? Or do I just take my meager bucks elsewhere??
>
> It chokes in some mimified js. Either missin support for dynamic imports
> or private class fields. I am on supporting it but not finished yet.
>
> FRG
FRG Thanks for all of your hard work. All I am able to help with is
reporting bugs since I am not a programmer. I am testing WG9s nightly
and I do notice advancement with SeaMonkey. Your work is appreciated
very much. My concern is that the direction of internet is being
decided by one company, Google and its browser Chrome. The internet
need to taken back by more browsers not based on Chrome.

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! (was: Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??)

<v0nprv$1ls2q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1686&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1686

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel70)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! (was: Re: How far
distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 19:39:12 +1000
 by: Daniel70 - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 09:39 UTC

Daniel70 wrote on 29/4/24 12:11 am:
> I'm currently in a position where I have a few bucks to spare that I can
> donate to a charity (and YES, I have donated to SeaMonkey at
> Christmas/New Year time ;-) ) but the Charity I want to donate to and to
> which I have previously donated to, doesn't want to work for me now!!
>
> The website concerned is
>
> https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/
>
> When I go to the site, I see the kids story on the left hand side but,
> on the right hand side, all I get is a white panel with a pulsing Green
> dot.
>
> If I click the 'Donate' button at the tope of the screen, I am taken
> back to the exact same page! ;-(
>
> If I go to https://youthoffthestreets.com.au and click the 'Donate'
> button, I'm back there again.
>
> I tried e-mailing them and was told that their tech's were checking
> things out ..... and then I was told to use Google Chrome/Firefox/etc,
> but that no further action will be taken on their part. (O.K., I
> thought, so they don't want my money .... which they HAVE TAKEN
> previously!!)
>
> Not wanting to HAVE to install another Browser JUST to fix THEIR
> ignorance, is there something else I can do??
>
> Can I Spoof FF in my UA just for that site, maybe?? If so, what version
> is FF upto??
>
> Might it help if I had Java/JavaScript installed?? How do I tell *IF* I
> have it/them installed already??
>
> Any other suggestions?? Or do I just take my meager bucks elsewhere??

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

The responses that I've gotten to my post have passed my expectations
..... and that a probably cause AND yet more examination of the problem
really REALLY pleases me.

Maybe, just maybe, with your ongoing assistance I'll be able to tell the
charity how to 'fix' their website!!

Again, THANK YOU! All of YOU.
--
Daniel

Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??

<v0oq99$1tl6a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1689&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1689

From: hyperspace.flyover@vogon.gov.invalid (Don Vito Martinelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 20:52:25 +0200
 by: Don Vito Martinelli - Mon, 29 Apr 2024 18:52 UTC

bad sector wrote:
> On 4/28/24 10:11, Daniel70 wrote:
>> I'm currently in a position where I have a few bucks to spare that I
>> can donate to a charity (and YES, I have donated to SeaMonkey at
>> Christmas/New Year time ;-) ) but the Charity I want to donate to and
>> to which I have previously donated to, doesn't want to work for me now!!
>>
>> The website concerned is
>>
>> https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/
>>
>> When I go to the site, I see the kids story on the left hand side but,
>> on the right hand side, all I get is a white panel with a pulsing
>> Green dot.
>>
>> If I click the 'Donate' button at the tope of the screen, I am taken
>> back to the exact same page! ;-(
>>
>> If I go to https://youthoffthestreets.com.au and click the 'Donate'
>> button, I'm back there again.
>>
>> I tried e-mailing them and was told that their tech's were checking
>> things out ..... and then I was told to use Google Chrome/Firefox/etc,
>> but that no further action will be taken on their part. (O.K., I
>> thought, so they don't want my money .... which they HAVE TAKEN
>> previously!!)
>>
>> Not wanting to HAVE to install another Browser JUST to fix THEIR
>> ignorance, is there something else I can do??
>>
>> Can I Spoof FF in my UA just for that site, maybe?? If so, what
>> version is FF upto??
>>
>> Might it help if I had Java/JavaScript installed?? How do I tell *IF*
>> I have it/them installed already??
>>
>> Any other suggestions?? Or do I just take my meager bucks elsewhere??
>
> Don't give up, the composer is my only word processor! And do report
> back please :-)

I think you replied to the wrong thread.

Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??

<nOOcncBQQtg1zK37nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=1692&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#1692

Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 22:04:24 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
From: forgetski@_INVALID.net (bad💽sector)
 by: bad💽sector - Tue, 30 Apr 2024 02:04 UTC

On 4/29/24 14:52, Don Vito Martinelli wrote:
> bad sector wrote:
>> On 4/28/24 10:11, Daniel70 wrote:
>>> I'm currently in a position where I have a few bucks to spare that I
>>> can donate to a charity (and YES, I have donated to SeaMonkey at
>>> Christmas/New Year time ;-) ) but the Charity I want to donate to and
>>> to which I have previously donated to, doesn't want to work for me now!!
>>>
>>> The website concerned is
>>>
>>> https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/donate/
>>>
>>> When I go to the site, I see the kids story on the left hand side
>>> but, on the right hand side, all I get is a white panel with a
>>> pulsing Green dot.
>>>
>>> If I click the 'Donate' button at the tope of the screen, I am taken
>>> back to the exact same page! ;-(
>>>
>>> If I go to https://youthoffthestreets.com.au and click the 'Donate'
>>> button, I'm back there again.
>>>
>>> I tried e-mailing them and was told that their tech's were checking
>>> things out ..... and then I was told to use Google
>>> Chrome/Firefox/etc, but that no further action will be taken on their
>>> part. (O.K., I thought, so they don't want my money .... which they
>>> HAVE TAKEN previously!!)
>>>
>>> Not wanting to HAVE to install another Browser JUST to fix THEIR
>>> ignorance, is there something else I can do??
>>>
>>> Can I Spoof FF in my UA just for that site, maybe?? If so, what
>>> version is FF upto??
>>>
>>> Might it help if I had Java/JavaScript installed?? How do I tell *IF*
>>> I have it/them installed already??
>>>
>>> Any other suggestions?? Or do I just take my meager bucks elsewhere??
>>
>> Don't give up, the composer is my only word processor! And do report
>> back please :-)
>>

> I think you replied to the wrong thread.

I didn't

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Re: How far distant/divergant is SeaMonkey from Firefoc/Chrome/etc??